Innovation has been intricately woven into the fabric of Reinforced Earth since its inception. The Reinforced Earth® technology has been enhanced by a number of technological breakthroughs through extensive research and development.
Some of Reinforced Earth's groundbreaking innovations:
· World-renowned TerraClass® precast concrete cruciform panels
· High adherence reinforcing strips made from ribbed, hot-rolled steel
· GeoMega® technology with fully synthetic connections between the panels and geosynthetic reinforcements
· EcoStrap™ geosynthetic reinforcements for applications in highly alkaline environments
· GeoTrel™ technology, combining welded wire mesh facings with geosynthetic reinforcement
· GeoStrap® and HA EcoStrap™ geosynthetic reinforcing strips with enhanced frictional performance
EcoStrap HA reinforcing strips
The research into the design of structures is based on laboratory analysis; full scale experiments, and the monitoring of structures. Material specimens, combined with mathematical models (FEM or FLAC) have made it possible to simulate and evaluate design methods. Many of the Reinforced Earth design evaluations have become the basis of current design standards and codes.
In-depth research has been
carried out on reinforcing materials (steel, alloys, synthetics) to optimize
structure service life, and ability to withstand severe and predictable
conditions. Monitoring of built structures
and long term behaviour (duration > 20 years) were conducted in order
to enable accurate predictability of the long term performance of Reinforced
Component optimization (high adherence strips, facing panels, TechSpan®
shape) has decreased costs, while assuring performance.
The Reinforced Earth group research and development is led by a technical steering committee making it possible for each company in the group to share its experience. With 600 registered patents, it has developed advanced technologies based on thorough research, varied experiences and specific requirements. Innovation, research and combining technologies have maintained a product technological leadership position, while meeting the needs of our customers.